Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Patients Social Media

What type of doctor do you see for diagnosis?

This post originally appeared on Reddit: CRPS group.

My ortho suggested this morning that I may have CRPS and recommended I research to see if it sounds like the symptoms fit. I had a metatarsal stress fracture for 6 months that wouldn’t heal despite rest and got progressively more painful. Now I’m finally showing a clean MRI, but still have substantial pain in the area. I also have discoloration of the entire foot and it’s usually cold to the touch. I’m also finding that other conditions could be related. I have been diagnosed with dermatographia and Raynaud’s as well. Not sure if these are all related or not.

I’ll be calling my orthopedist back tomorrow to see if he thinks I need a referral to see if CRPS is really my issue. Should I request to see a rheumatologist? Neurologist? Pain management physician? I’m an athlete so I’ll also be taking that into consideration. I’m already working with a physical therapist, and I’ll be consulting him as well.

This post originally appeared on Reddit: CRPS group.

Orange in Life

Subscribe to Our Newsletter