Chronic Pain and Sex: Tips and Tricks For a Healthy Sex Life | Tri Health Clinic
Chronic pain is persistent discomfort or pain that lasts beyond the expected healingtime.
The anticipation of pain can lead to reduced desire, perpetuating a cycle.
Improving your sex life while managing chronic pain requires understanding and breaking this cycle.
1. Properly Set Up the Experience: Create a Comfortable and Safe Environment
2. Be Mindful: Practice mindfulness techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
3. Don’t Just ‘Grin and Bare It’: Communicate Discomfort and Adjust or Stop Activities
4. Stop When It Hurts: Avoid Pushing Through Pain to Prevent Worseningand Negative Experiences
5. Include Sexual Activities That Aren’t Painful: Experiment with Pleasurable Activities
6. Use Lube, Props, Pillows, and Toys: Enhance Comfortand Enjoyment with Aids
7. Collaborating for a Holistic Approach: Seek Support from Sex Therapists and Medical Professionals
By implementing these tips and seeking support, individuals can enjoy satisfying and fulfilling sexual experiences despite chronic pain.
To learn more, visit trihealthclinic.com
#sextherapistontario #licensedtherapyontario #couplescounselling